Ingredients: Shopping List
- Alter Eco Raibow Quinoa (or Pearl, Red, Black), (rinsed and drained, 1 cup)
- chicken or veggie stock (1 1/2cups)
- 1/4 cup cucumber (peeled, diced)
- 1/2 cup grape or heirloom tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cup red pepper (diced into 1/2" pieces)
- 1/4 cup small red onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons basil (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoonmint (thinly sliced)
- salt and paper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Get the recipe and a coupon
Enter your email address and we will email you the recipe
with cooking instructions and a coupon.
Supergrain of the Andes: Royal Quinoa
13,000 feet up on the Bolivian desert of the Altiplano,
traditional Quechua farmers tend to the coveted “Royal
Quinoa”. Due to the unique combination of high altitude and a
warm prevalent climate, "Royal Quinoa", the "Champagne" of
quinoa, is a larger seed, richer in protein, that has remained
the same for centuries, never genetically modified or subject
This pearl-shaped, nearly perfect nutrition source was so
revered by the Incans that they called it
“chisaya mama” or “mother grain.” We
call it nutty, delicious and endlessly versatile.
gluten free & protein packed
Ethical Sourcing by Alter Eco & Whole Foods
Alter Eco Royal Quinoa is ethically sourced from the
ANAPQUI cooperative in Bolivia. Planted and handharvested
on small family farms, Alter Eco Royal
Quinoa is cultivated organically and sustainably.
Farmers receive an 8% premium over market prices
for their crop.
Through a triple certification - Fair Trade, Organic and
Carbon Neutral - Alter Eco adheres to strict standards
in order to offer you highly sustainable foods.
Whole Foods Markets supports our mission
through its Whole Trade Guarantee program.
Whole Foods Market Donates